Sunday, August 12, 2012

Teal feather nails


The other night I had my best friend Katie come over and ask if I could paint her nails. She then went on about how she really liked feathers and wanted me to try it. Now it has been years since I've painted anyone's nails but my own, but I gave it a shot! Turns out she loved it :)

I used

teal nail polish (even though it looks green in the picture)
black detailing polish
silver sparkle detailing polish
Clear polish

1. Paint nails with two even coats of the teal. Let dry

2. With one long stroke begin the feather. This will be the "stem". Then starting from the bottom of that stem, make short, thin even strokes to make the feather complete.

3. Accent the base of the feather with the silver glitter

4. Finish with a clear top coat!


~Kaitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment