Friday, July 20, 2012

A little bit of love

So as you can probably tell from one of my recent decor posts, teal and purple are the new color combos in my dorm (not to mention white, silver, and black... the classics!) I took this wooden lettering, that looked outdated, and did not match anything in my dorm, and gave it a little makeover! Here is how I did it!

Tools:

Wide sponge paint brush
2 colors of acrylic craft paint
some old lace
a makeup sponge
           



1. I took my purple paint and applied a nice base coat (or 2 or three base coats! The red was pretty dark) with the large sponge brush.




2. I waited a few minutes for the paint to dry and wrapped the letters in some old lace. (I believe it was an old table cloth from goodwill... score!)

3. I dipped my makeup sponge in the teal paint and evenly worked it over the lace. In some spots I applied the paint a little more generously so the effect would be cooler.



Dorm room approved!!

~Kaitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment